NielsenIQ Applicant Privacy Statement
Effective Date: May 2022
Please read this Statement carefully. By submitting application information at this website, you acknowledge NielsenIQ’s collection and use of Applicant Data as described below. Data about you that we receive from you or others in connection with your application is referred to in this Privacy Statement as “Applicant Data.” Applicant Data may include Personal Data, which means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. For more than 90 years NielsenIQ has provided data and analytics based on scientific rigor and innovation, continually developing new ways to answer the most important questions facing the advertising, retail and fast-moving consumer goods industries. For more information, visit www.nielseniq.com.
The practices described in this Privacy Statement are undertaken by NielsenIQ’s group of companies. As the controller of the Personal Data that you provide or that we process in connection with this site and your application, we are committed to protecting your privacy. A list of NielsenIQ’s group of companies is available here. If you have any questions about NielsenIQ as a data controller, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
Submission of your application and related Applicant Data is entirely voluntary. As part of the application process, NielsenIQ may collect the following data about you:
- Data you submit. As part of the application process – either initially or after we have made you an offer of employment – you may submit your name, address, nationality and residency, phone number, email address, date of birth, social security or other national identification number, current occupation, details about your education and work history, and other data included on employment related documents such as your resume or CV.
- Data from third party sources.
- NielsenIQ may collect certain additional data either directly from you or from third parties (e.g., through background checks, where allowed by local law) if NielsenIQ is considering your application or extends an offer of employment. In some countries a background check will be requested before an offer is finalized. Your consent will be requested separately for background screening in accordance with applicable law.
- NielsenIQ may carry out education/degree verification and reference checks, but will only call former employers with your consent. These checks will be strictly limited to educational and professional information.
- NielsenIQ may also carry out social media checks on profiles that are publicly viewable but only to the extent relevant for the performance of the job for which you are being considered.
- Data collected automatically. We may automatically collect information about your device through your use of our site including Internet Protocol address, browser type, time and date of your visit to the site, and the webpage you visited immediately prior to this site.
- Data collected via Cookies. We may use cookie technology to facilitate your use of our online employment application tools. The cookies on this site are used solely to facilitate your online experience, and are not used to make employment-related decisions. You may choose to modify your Internet browser settings to decline our cookies, but that may hinder or prevent your use of our online employment application tools.
As part of your application, we may also ask you to participate in assessment activities (e.g., ability and aptitude test, virtual interviewing) in order for us to further evaluate your qualifications for the role to which you apply. Information shared with NielsenIQ when you conduct these tests or assessments as part of the hiring process is considered Applicant Data and will be treated by NielsenIQ in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Use of Applicant Data
NielsenIQ may use Applicant Data to communicate with you in writing, by telephone or via email to evaluate your application, analyze NielsenIQ staffing needs and practices, or otherwise efficiently manage the NielsenIQ hiring process and employee administration. We may combine Applicant Data with research tools and data from other sources as indicated in the “Data Collection” section of this Statement.
Legal Basis for Processing – EEA Residents
Depending on your country of residence, local law may require us to state a legal basis for processing the Personal Data we collect about you in connection with this site. We will process the information you submit as part of your job application based on our legitimate interests, or the legitimate interests of certain third parties, provided that such processing shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms. In particular, we will process your personal data in reliance on a legitimate interest in order to carry out the job application process, as well as the effective and lawful operation of this site. We may have other legitimate interests and, if so, we will make clear what those interests are at the relevant point in time. By creating an account, you acknowledge NielsenIQ’s processing of your Personal Data for the purposes described in this Statement. To the extent that we process any sensitive personal data relating to you, we will do so because either: (a) you have given us your explicit consent to process the information; (b) the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or (c) you have made the information manifestly public. In circumstances where we require your consent, we will notify you about the purposes and scope of processing of your Personal Data, and we will be processing your Personal Data based on the legal grounds of your explicit consent.
If you have any questions or concerns about the legal basis upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Right to Access Personal Data
You may access and correct your Applicant Data at any time by logging into our recruitment platform and updating it. You may contact NielsenIQ at any time to request to see the information we hold about you, to request that it be corrected or updated, to request the details of parties to whom it has been made available, or withdraw your consent for us to process your data. Depending on your country of residence, you may have certain additional rights with respect to the personal data we hold about you. If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Data, withdraw any consent you have given us to process your Personal Data (where applicable), or have further questions about how we use your Personal Data collected during the application process, please contact us. If you contact us as described above, we will make reasonable efforts to identify any data relating to you in order to act on your request. If you reside in the EEA and believe NielsenIQ has not complied with privacy laws or the terms of this Statement, you may lodge a complaint with our Data Protection Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or with the appropriate Data Protection Authority (“DPA”). You will find the contact details of the DPA in your country of residence here.
When We Share Applicant Data
- Within the NielsenIQ group of companies. To achieve the objectives described above, and because we are part of a larger group of companies operating internationally, we may from time to time make Applicant Data available to other companies within the NielsenIQ group of companies.
- With NielsenIQ employees or recruiters. Applicant Data is controlled primarily (but not exclusively) by NielsenIQ Human Resources Department staff, and may be stored electronically or in hard copy. Other staff involved in hiring or information management also may have access to some or all Applicant Data, including senior management or external recruiting services providers.
- With Third-Party Service Providers. We will share Applicant Data with third parties that provide services to us, such as (but not limited to) HR recruiting software, ability testing, virtual video interviewing, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure, IT services, HR consultants, customer service, email delivery, and auditing.
- As required by law or regulatory authorities. We may from time to time make Applicant Data available to legal and regulatory authorities (such as labor and tax authorities), to our accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisers. We also may disclose Applicant Data to any third party when disclosure is required by law, or as needed to permit us to exercise our legal rights, take action regarding illegal activities, or to protect the safety of any person.
- As part of a merger, sale, or transfer of assets. If all or part of our company is sold, merged, or otherwise transferred to another entity, we may transfer Applicant Data as part of that transaction.
Retention of Applicant Data
We may store Applicant Data for as long as needed for the purposes indicated in this Privacy Statement (including for the purpose of considering whether your skills are suitable for other opportunities within NielsenIQ). In any event, we will not retain your Applicant Data longer than permitted by local law from the date of collection unless you become employed by NielsenIQ, in which case a different retention period may apply. Records not specifically designated as Applicant Data may have different retention periods (e.g., email server records of emails received or sent).
Data Security and Transfers of Data
NielsenIQ maintains a global data security organization that uses appropriate organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect your data while under our control. We may store and process your data in your home country and/or we may transfer and export these data outside of the European Economic Area to any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers and processors, including the United States and India. The data protection laws of other countries may differ from those in your home country. When we transfer data, we ensure that we do so in compliance with applicable law for data transfer.
This site is not designed for or intentionally targeted at children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect application Personal Data about anyone under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data relating to a child, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
Updates to this Applicant Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement replaces any other statement, whether written or oral, made to you about our practices with respect to NielsenIQ’s collection and use of Applicant Personal Data.
We may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time. The “Effective Date” noted at the top of this page shows when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on this site.
If you have any comments or questions regarding this Privacy Statement please contact us at email@example.com. You may also send us a letter at the following addresses:
From EU Countries:
Attn: Legal Dept.
Oxford Business Park South
John Smith Drive
Oxford OX4 2WB
From Other Countries:
Attn: Legal Dept.
200 W Jackson Blvd Ste 2700